1. We can never expect bluer sky unless we create less polluted world.
A. a; a B. a; the C. the; a D. the; the
2. This ________than satisfied me.
A. preferable B. rather C. much D. more
3. You have no final _____ ___the decision to sell the company..
A. say; in B. saying; on C. says ;about D. said; over
4. He was finally able to _____ all financial worries..
A. got rid of B. rid of C. rid himself of D. rid himself from
5. These old buildings possibly_______ the Ming period.
A. are dated back to B. date from C. are dated from D. date
6. The local people _____building the new hotel were on a strike on the opening day.
A. opposed to B. accused of C. objected to D. gone against
7. I can’t _____ my feeling____ words.
A. convey; in B. Transmit; for C. convey; on D. change; in
8. There are a lot of famous universities in China.____ Wuhan University for instance.
A. Set B. Make C. Take D. Give
9. We should be _____ the comfort of the old people.
A. thoughtful to B. considerate of C. considerable about D. considering towards
10. Many people have been ill from a strange disease these days, _____ we’ve never heard of before.
A. one B. that C. it D. this
11. We must _____ a new chair for the broken one.
A. instead B. instead of C. substitute D. take the place
12.—I’ve got to go now.
—Must you? I ______you could stay for dinner with us.
A. think B. thought C. have thought D. am thinking
13. The little girl who got lost decided to remain ______she was and wait for her mother.
A. where B. what C. how D. who
14. -–Do you mind my opening the window? It’s a bit hot here.
--___________, as a matter of fact.
A. Go ahead B. Yes, my pleasure C. Yes, I do D. Come on
15. After the excitement of the audience_____, the speaker restarted his speech.
A. died off B. died out C. died down D. died from
James shook his money box again. Nothing! He carefully 1 the coins that lay on the bed. $24.52 was all that he had. The bicycle he wanted was at least $90! 2 on earth was he going to get the 3 of the money?
He knew that his friends all had bicycles. It was 4 to hang around with people when you were the only one without wheels. He thought about what he could do. There was no 5 asking his parents, for he knew they had no money to 6 .
There was only one way to get money, and that was to 7 it. He would have to find a job. 8 who would hire him and what could he do? He decided to ask Mr. Clay for advice, who usually had 9 on most things.
“Well, you can start right here,” said Mr. Clay. “My windows need cleaning and my car needs washing.”
That was the 10 of James’s odd-job（零工）business. For three months he worked every day after finishing his homework. He was amazed by the 11 of jobs that people found for him to do. He took dogs and babies for walks, cleared out cupboards, and mended books. He lost count of the 12 of cars he washed and windows he cleaned, but the 13 increased and he knew that he would soon have 14 for the bicycle he longed for.
The day 15 came when James counted his money and found $94.32. He 16 no time and went down to the shop to pick up the bicycle he wanted. He rode 17 home, looking forward to showing his new bicycle to his friends. It had been hard 18 for the money, but James knew that he valued his bicycle far more 19 he had bought it with his own money. He had 20 what he thought was impossible, and that was worth even more than the bicycle.
1. A. cleaned B. covered C. counted D. checked
2. A. How B. Why C. Who D. What
3. A. amount B. part C. sum D. rest
4. A. brave B. hard C. smart D. unfair
5. A. point B. reason C. result D. right
6. A. split B. spend C. spare D. save
7. A. borrow B. earn C. raise D. collect
8. A. Or B. So C. For D. But
9. A. decisions B. experience C. opinions D. knowledge
10. A. beginning B. introduction C. requirement D. opening
11. A. similarity B. quality C. suitability D. variety
12. A. brand B. number C. size D. type
13. A. effort B. pressure C. money D. trouble
14. A. all B. enough C. much D. some
15. A. finally B. instantly C. normally D. regularly
16. A. gave B. left C. took D. wasted
17. A. patiently B. proudly C. silently D. tiredly
18. A. applying B. asking C. looking D. working
19. A. since B. if C. than D. though
20. A. deserved B. benefited C. achieved D. learned
M9U3 ExercisesADACB AACBA CBACC/CADBA CBDCA DBCBA DBDAC
上一条：Module9 Unit 3 Project
下一条：Module 9 Unit 2
| 地址：江苏省淮安市淮阴区长江西路219号 | 邮编：223300 | 校长信箱：firstname.lastname@example.org | 苏ICP备06047561号-1