1. Improve the student’s reading ability
2. Enable the students to know about colours and cultures
3. Get the students to master some language points
Step I. Reading
First Reading: Divide the passage into three parts:
Part1. ( ) Colour can express different feelings.
Part2. ( ) Explanation of different colours and what they symbolize in different areas.
Part3. ( ) Don’t be arbitrary when choosing an outfit..
Second Reading: Careful reading T or F statements
1. Colour is a medium for expressing different feelings, but the meaning depends on cultures.
2. Not all the colors mentioned in the passage have positive and negative meanings.
3. Red symbolizes joy and celebration in China while it means sadness in the North Africa.
4. Yellow represented hope in the USA and the UK decades ago , as is opposite in Egypt.
5. Green only shows envy on the negative side, so when you are said to be a green worker, it means you are always envious of others.
6. If an Indian is said to be yellow, it may mean he or she is discourageous.
7. The idiom “in the black ” means having money or a business making a profit.
8. In many western countries, women get married in a white dress, which is inappropriate in China.
9. All the colors referred to in the text are associated with mourning.
10. All colors carry different meanings. Therefore, we can choose an outfit arbitrarily.
Step II Find the following phrases in the text.
3.取决于，依靠 4 .和…有联系
5.…的象征 6 .在自然界
7.指…，提及，涉及 8 .获取利润
9. in some cases 10. convey the meaning of
11. be arbitrary about 12. have a positive / negative meaning
1. suit 1）v.______一般指合乎___________、_____、______、______
2) suit…to…_________,3) be suitable for___________
suit / fit / match
1. Does this time _______you? 2. A red jacked doesn’t _____ green trousers.
3. This new jacket ______me well. 4. Try the new key and see if it _____the keyhole.
5. Black _______you best.
Step ⅣImportant sentences
1. Just like red, yellow represents happiness and joy in some places, while in other places, it is a symbol of loss.
while 1)________; 2)_________; 3)__________
as 1) ________, 2)_________, 3)___________
1) While he stayed in Japan, he picked up some Japanese. ________
2) While you are not perfect, I do actually like you.________
3) I like eating fish, while he likes pork.________
4) I was about to go out when it began to rain.__________
5) When I got home, mother was preparing supper for me.________
6) He whistled as he washed the dishes in the kitchen._______
7) As time goes by quickly, it will be a few weeks before we graduate from middle school.______
8) Child as he is, he knows a lot._________
2. The exact opposite meaning is found in Egypt, where yellow symbolizes lost hope because it is the colour of mourning, and where in the Middle Ages, actors wore yellow to show that the character they were playing was dead.
Step Ⅴ EXX:
1._______ the day went on, the weather got worse.
A. With B. Since C. While D. As
2. It was an exciting moment for these football fans this year, ______for the first time in years their team won the world cup.
A. that B. while C. which D. when
3. ---I’m going to the post office.
---_____ you’re there, can you get me some stamps?
A. As B. While C. Because D. If
4. Some people waste a lot of food_______ others haven’t enough to eat.
A. however B. when C. as D. while
5. When I go out in the evening I use the bike______ car if I can.
A. rather than B. other than C. better than D. more than
6. We have all learnt that nature is like a balanced net, ______humans are just a very small part, together with animals, plants, air and more.
A. which B. whose C. that D. where
7. Modern China is experiencing a completely new period________ respect for science and creativity has become the guiding principle of the society.
A. that B. where C. in which D. which
Module9 Unit 3 Project答案
Step I. Reading First reading：Para1/ para2-6/para7
Second: TFFTF FTTFF
Step II Find the following phrases in the text
1. for instance ,2. make a statement, 3.depend on, 4.be associated /connected with 5. a symbol of , 6.in nature, 7.refer to, 8.make a profit 9.在某些情况下，10.表达…的意思，11.对…随意，12.有正面的/负面的意义
StepⅢ language points
1)适合；适应 2)需要，口味，时间，地位等 3)使…同…适应/适合
1. (suit),2.(match),3 .(fits) 4. (fits) 5. (suits)
while 1）尽管，虽然 2）当…时候 3）而
when 1)正当…的时候，就在那时 2）当…的时候
as 1)当…的时候，2)随着 3)尽管
1.当…时候 2.尽管，虽然 3.而4.正当…的时候，就在那时
StepⅤ EXX: DDBDA DC
上一条：M9 Unit 3 Reading
下一条：M9 U3 Exercises
| 地址：江苏省淮安市淮阴区长江西路219号 | 邮编：223300 | 校长信箱：email@example.com | 苏ICP备06047561号-1